Our team is growing! Could this opportunity be right for you?
Head of Finance
About Visage: We are a venture-backed startup with a fully distributed global team. Visage is a SaaS platform for recruiting teams that automates candidate discovery and engagement while enabling teams to increase productivity by building predictable candidate pipelines, increasing hiring efficiency, and simplifying team-based work management. Our crowdSOURCING Platform delivers large batches of high-quality candidate profiles to employers worldwide within 24 hours, freeing teams to spend more of their time with candidates. Visage has raised over $10M in funding from top tier US-based investors, with First Analysis leading our Series A. Visage was founded in 2016 and has since been working with top organizations such as Cognizant, Walmart, Siemens, Sanofi, and L’Oreal, among others. We’re currently in hypergrowth and looking to expand our team by almost 50% in 2021.
About the Team: You will join a team of highly accomplished startup professionals and technologists from all over the globe. We are a lean, flexible, fully distributed international team composed of intelligent, fun, and hard-working individuals whose mission is to disrupt recruiting technology. Learn about our vision and values.
What Visage is Looking For: As our first internal finance hire, the Head of Finance role will be a key member of the senior management team, providing the data, analysis, and experience-driven input to help the team make the right capital deployment and business decisions. Reporting to the CEO, we need someone with strong SaaS experience that will provide exemplary direction for all of our financial and broad-based business decisions to help optimize the overall performance of the Company. As we progress and hit financial and funding milestones, you will be given the resources to build out your dream team, internally and externally.
Recent experience as the CFO, controller, or Head of Finance of a high-growth, capital-efficient Series A to growth stage technology company, with strong familiarity with software revenue recognition, metrics, and operating best practices a must.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Build the finance foundation and structure required for achieving our Company goals.
- Optimize company’s metrics (ARR, LTV, CAC, Churn), cash flow reporting, projections, and KPI’s to support rocketship growth, fundraising, and exit options.
- Act as a key member of the management team, providing input and oversight that leads to the right data-driven, value-creating business decisions.
- Develop, maintain and implement effective internal controls, including but not limited to invoicing and reconciliation, transaction processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage all general accounting functions, including month-end close, preparing and booking journal entries, account reconciliation and variance analysis.
- Maintain corporate insurance and ensure correct and adequate coverage is in place.
- Oversee, manage and advise on cap table and equity grants and support Investor Relations
- Oversee AR/AP, treasury, payroll and commissions and manage external accounting resources
- Manage cash management and day-to-day commercial banking relationships ensuring that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Produce regular consolidated balance sheets, P&L, cash flow statements, and operational reports and actual vs. budget financial statements.
- Implement and maintain the general ledger, sub-ledger, chart of accounts and all accounting processes.
- Consult with sales leadership on contract terms to optimize performance and opportunity.
- Prepare financial statements and supporting materials for audit review; conduct pre-audits and engage with audit teams.
- Forecast medium- and near-term cash based on outstanding receivables and payables.
Budget, Modeling & Financial Planning:
- Own the annual budgeting process and engage cross-functionally with leaders to prepare business forecasts, reports and budgets.
- Assess sales and gross margin performance based on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in coordination with the management team.
- Develop and maintain detailed integrated financial models and provide analysis to support achievement of Visage’s strategic initiatives and financial targets.
- Generate reports on revenue/gross margin forecasts and variances, leveraging data to enable management to make decisions to improve sales performance, revenue optimization, minimize risk, and capture new opportunities.
Risk Assessment & Compliance
- Assess current needs; develop, implement, and monitor a strategic and comprehensive enterprise-wide information security and risk management program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information owned, controlled or processed
- Oversee the development and enforcement of internal controls and security policies and procedures based on industry- standard best practices.
- Partner closely with executive leadership to ensure that all applications and platforms are developed with security in mind and that appropriate security controls have been implemented.
We are a start-up, rolling up our sleeves to build something bigger than ourselves. This means that other duties may arise and we support one another in accomplishing what’s needed.
- 8+ years of related finance experience at a Series A or B to growth stage SaaS start-up
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field of study; CPA required
- Building strong businesses and SaaS financial metrics are what get you out of bed for & you have a passion for compliance
- Experience with ERP, accounting systems and SalesForce (or equivalent CRM system)
- Extremely performance driven and detail oriented
- Fully remote team
- Unlimited PTO Policy
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance for Employees
- 401(k) Benefits
- Flexible work schedule
- The team – meet our team and you will understand 🙂
To apply for the Head of Finance role, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.